Friday, September 7, 2012

9/7 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I applied for the AMEX Business card for our renal business last night and was approved.  $500 for spending $5000 in 3 months.   I negotiated a $25 rebate on our dryer from Lowes.  The dryer they delivered today was not operational.  So, for tomorrow's delivery, a floor model that is in perfect condition.  Also, we are suppose to be the first delivery.  We have laundry piled up.  I suppose we could have washed them and hung them outside. I spent $25 at Publix this afternoon and saved $18 with coupons.  Some of my best deals were the Silk protien drink - quart on sale for 2/$4 and there are printable $1 off coupons at coupon.com - of course I went through mypoint.com so I can hopefully earn enough points shortly to get a gift card.  Also a good deal - for less than $1 - I got my daughter a box of that Magnum ice cream (bars) - new flavor mint - it is BOGO at Publix - and coupon.com has $1 off.  Same good deal on Honey Nut Cherios - BOGO at $3.XX - and I printed a $1/2 coupon.  Sour cream - Friendlys was dirt cheap too - BOGO - around $2 and there are .70 blinkies right next to them - so around .30 a tub plus tax.  Now I am making home made pizza - could have used the Kruesteuz Italian bread dough mix that was on clearance for .69 a box - got 2 - but instead - used the quick rise yeast packets I got with a coupon off.  Tonight, we are preparing for the yardsale tomorrow.  Hope we get rid of a lot of stuff - and earn a bit of cash :)  Oh, picked fresh basil and rosemary from my own "garden" box  for the vegetarian pizza. 

No comments: