Sunday, January 20, 2013

1/20 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  For some reason, I cannot upload my picture - but anyway, I made 4 very wide headbands from 2 old t-shirts for my hot yoga classes.  I don't like ones that are too tight, or thin - as I do not like sweat dripping into my eyes or ears - so, I tried one today - and it works well and just cost me some time.  I taught my daughter how to use a seam ripper - and she removed a broken zipper from a pair of perfectly good jeans.  Then she printed a 50% off coupon for Joann's and purchased a zipper for $2 plus tax.  I will stitch the zipper back in for her.  We went to lunch at Macaroni Grill with the $5 bonus gift card - the food was yummy - but the gift card didn't make much of a dent in our bill.  Then we headed to Bath and Body Works and we each got a free travel sized lotion.  My daughter went to Victoria's Secret and used the $10 gift certificate they sent me on a clearanced shirt.  Then to Barnes and Noble, my husband treated me to a coffee with the Gift Card he got from American Express and he and my daughter used the BOGO cookie coupon and gift card.  Then we all browsed the books and magazines.  My husband started the flooring work - it is going to taken longer than we thought - but there isn't a big hurry at the moment.  This month - we definitely have more time than money.  Added:  to use up a 1/2 bag of tangerines - I made tangerine cake with tangerine frosting - turned out very yummy.  I cashed in $25 in statement credit on my BOA card.  I am very close to being able to cash out another $25 - so, it will be my card of choice until I spend $30 on it - about 1 trip to the gas station.

No comments: