Thursday, January 24, 2013

1/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This month - I have been just keeping one step ahead of the bills - not fun.  No money out of savings - yet, but no money in either.  I am hoping that in February, we will round a corner and get back on track.  I have been cooking meals at home, taking breakfast and lunch to work - and snacks.  Just the basics.  Oh, one item on ebay has a bid - and it should buy me and my daughter a tank of gas - so that's nice to get rid of clutter for something we can use that doesn't clutter the house.  This weekend I plan to list a few larger items on craigslist.  I am sort of dreading it though - I am wondering if it is worth the hassle.  I have been plugging away with swagbucks and halfway to earning a $5 Amazon gift card.  I have restrained myself from buying bargains.  Tomorrow, I will be going to work a few hours later because of the ice - but at lunch, I will stop by Costco and do my bi-weekly shop/gas run.  My husband got his American Airlines card - and hopes to earn 35,000 miles - and we hope to take a nice trip this summer - perhaps to Europe again.

No comments: