Saturday, January 5, 2013

1/5 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, my husband picked up half of the laminate and underlay from Home Depot and 1/2 the cost was covered by giftcards from the AMEX CC sign-up.  We have the other 1/2 of the laminate on order - and I just placed an order for Home Depot gift cards that were discounted 7% - and charged them on my credit card where I will earn another 1%.  So, we are making progress on the DIY.  I didn't menton that I got my 2 $10 CVS gift card yesterday and I had $3.50 in ecbs waiting for me.  So today, I stopped and got items we use at a steep discount and used 1 gift card.  Item I got with coupons/giftcard/ecb - toilet paper, body wash, deoderant, CVS brand pink stuff for the stomach and a few other items.  I also used my $5 coupon from Steak and Shake for buying a gift card last month to buy a quick lunch for the family.  Nice break from cooking :)  Oh, and I sold a gift card that we won in a gift basket to a place that we never frequent.  I took the AMAZON.com gift card option so that we could get a bit more buying power.  I received a card in the mail from another charitable organization that picks up stuff - I will be calling them Monday as I have several bags ready to go.  Good thing they are mostly looking for clothes.

No comments: