Tuesday, May 31, 2011

5/31 Expressions

This month has just flown by!  Mailbag:  We received a bonus check from the Traveler's insurance program we signed up for since my daughter is going on a cruise.  The offer was - submit any hotel receipt from the last 45 days and get 5% back.  We have receipts :)  Also in the mail, Tresemme shampoo/conditioner samples.  My new rx contacts from 1-800 and a mailer to return the old rx ones to get credit.  Also, I want to say it is good to sign up for bonus cards even though you might not think you will get enough points to use.  Case in point, my husband stayed at a hotel part of the time during the time covered by his per diem.  It is a hotel chain we just really don't use much.  My husband stayed this week at a different hotel, same brand this week - "won" on priceline.  My husband decided to sign-up for their bonus points program.  Then a lightbulb went off in my head when he showed me the enrollment information.  He stayed a month at one of the hotels - so, why not check to see if they'd credit him the points.  Yup - sure enough, they will and said they will post within 72 hours.  We are hoping he will have enough points to cover his stays next week - when our offer on the short sale ends - and we are hoping we can close asap.  The realtor said they were playing phone tag with the bank - she still sounds hopeful - but told my husband she would call later this evening.  So, just signing up, in this case, may net him a few extra nights at their most basic hotel.   Added:  My husband bought a pair of sneakers from DSW this past Sunday.  Today, he received a coupon for $20 off $49.99 - his shoes were $50.XX before tax.  So, he is going to see if they will refund the $20.  He also received a $5 off anything coupon because it is his birthday month - he will use that for cheap/free socks. 

No comments: