Friday, December 16, 2011

12/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I used my "O" dollars today and ordered a 54 piece silverware set for us (some of the current set went down to the beach - seems with the bad economy more sticky fingers?).  I will put the old set in the condo closet for replacement pieces.  I also got my daughter and husband a pair of leather gloves each - out of pocket for me was .69.  Another annoying fact, the house that my husband and I tried to buy as a short sale is now up for auction.  It has been almost a year since we made our offer.  I want to see if they get at least what we offered.  I found some easy recipes for some nice treats on-line during lunch today.  I hope I can make them this weekend:  Coconut custard pie, chocolate covered coconut candy, toffee bars, and divinity.  That should definitely be enough - and I hope we can give most of it away since they will all be loaded with calories.  Added:  I made an appoint for a cut and color at the brand name beauty school - the "special" price is $24.95 - and I did my own manicure today - in a pretty tiffany blue.

No comments: