Friday, December 16, 2011

More 12/16 Expressions

More frugal deeds for the day:  Today, on the way back from guitar lessons, I stopped at a take-and-bake pizza place - they are running a special - buy a $50 giftcard and get a small tub of cookie dough, a 1 topping family sized pizza, a side, and a 2 liter drink.  So, I have the card (my husband is a pizza lover) - and my daughter and I just had the side - a cheese pizza and fresh marinara.  Tomorrow, we plan to bake the spinach pizza for lunch/dinner.  Also, a few years ago, I gave one of my daughter's teachers a Wal-mart giftcard - thinking she could use it for school supplies - or whatever she wanted.  My daughter stated that the teacher told her she preferred Starbucks.  Of course, that teacher apparently didn't get tenure? - she is no longer there.  This year, I received an Aldi gift certificate from a special friend - and I thought that was very thoughtful, practical, and useful - I will be getting most of my baking supplies from there with that certificate.  Also, there are 3 people I give a giftcard to that work in our building.  They work for a company that isn't known for paying all that well.  I used to try to give them something they could pamper themselves with.  This year - I got brave enough to try a Wal-mart giftcard - they were so appreciative.  Because they can use that card for whatever they like - whether fun, or practical.  I guess times have changed a bit.

No comments: