Saturday, December 17, 2011

12/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My heart skipped a beat this morning when I checked our e-mails.  We currently own interest in some beach front property (our condo got hit by both hurricanes - and a developer that was planning to buy us out/re-build ran after making several substantial deposits).  Anyway, we may have a developer interested in building on our land - and we may be interested in "buying" - depends on the final terms and if it actually goes through.  Cheaper than buying a foreclosed one - hopefully.  So, that was a nice bit of financial news.  My daughter and I got our hair cut and colored for $24.95 - and we went ahead and splurged on the conditioning treatment for an extra $6 - nice pampering - and if the economy is bad - you sure couldn't tell it from the traffic last weekend, nor this weekend.  I stopped at Aldi and got most of my baking stuff and a few other goodies.  I will also use some $ on my "freebie" Wal-mart giftcards to round out my grocery needs.  A couple of bags of pureed pumpkin are about to become pumpkin bread.  All I can say, even at Aldi, nuts are expensive. 

No comments: