Sunday, January 15, 2012

1/15 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Pictured is my craft project.  I ended up getting the felt today at Michaels with a 40% off coupon and giftcard.  As a matter of fact, my daughter and I went on a shopping spree with our gift cards and ended up putting a total of $13 on the regular credit cards.  First stop, Starbucks :)  Then to Marshalls - she got 2 pairs of jeans, a shirt, tights, and perfume (which she reimbursed me for) - and I bought 6 $1 bags of Godiva Gems - 5 dark chocolate or my husband's Valentines gift and the milk chocolate for my daughter.  I also got a heavily discounted face cream.  I haven't been in a Marshalls in years - I have to say, the new format is a big improvement - all covered with our freebie gift cards.  Next door, Bed Bath and Beyond - got my daughter a hamper set with coupon and giftcards.  Next door to them, Michaels - I got my felt and she got acrylic paints with 40% off coupons and discounted giftcards.  Then to the Dollar Tree - I got 10 bags of frozen strawberries - charged $10 plus tax on my credit card for additional points toward more gift cards.  I use the strawberries for my breakfast smoothies in the PINK Method.  Those 10 bags will last more than a month.  Then to Aldi's - used cash - change from my husband, and change in my purse - got more veggies, eggs, almonds, and yogurt covered raisins - all just over $16.  Then to the take 'n bake for tonights dinner - free coupon and gift cards for 2 pizzas, cinnamon dessert, cookie dough.  1 pizza and cookie dough were free with coupons.  While I got the pizzas, my daughter walked next door to Staples to get batteries to repay her teacher who gave her some for her calculator, and she got some pens.  She had $10 in rewards and a $3 off coupon for the pens and ended up charging $2.XX on the credit card.  My husband and daughter finished painting the bathroom and it is looking good.  Now they have to put the stuff back in there with her new hamper.  Added:  list another item on ebay and listed one item on Listia. Almost done with my "to do" list.

No comments: