Saturday, January 7, 2012

1/7 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Things I did not do.  I did not pick-up my daughter's contacts.  Since they gave her a free trial pair, she does not need them immediately.  I am going to wait until her glasses come in and pick them at lunch time.  Combine errands - save gas.  Mail was great today - got my free Good Housekeeping magazine (and boy do I need it :)  and 2 $10 AMEX giftcards from the promotion last month.  After taking a nice nap, my daughter and I headed to Barnes and Noble where she picked up a reference book she needed for one of her classes.  We also treated ourselves to a BOGO latte (printable on-line coupon) and split a  Reese's cookie.  I made a quick trip to Victoria's Secret with my $10 giftcard - and since they were having their clearance sale - ended up getting 3 pairs of underwear for $2.XX out of pocket.  I also had a $10 Barnes and Noble giftcard.  So, other than VS - which I paid cash - no extra out of pocket.  We browsed the magazines.  Before taking a nap, I made a brown rice/veggie stir fry, and vegetable tempura.  I am about to make a couple more pumpkin pies with my frozen puree.  I am going to try and cook ahead - which means healthier meals, frugal, and less stress during the week.

No comments: