Sunday, August 12, 2012

8/12 Expressions

Today, we had a birthday BBQ for my dad and daughter - both share the same birthdate.  My husband BBQ's vegetarian items and non-vegetarian items.  I got a great deal on vegetarian kebobs from Gardein - originally almost $5 for 4 skewers - they were marked down to $1.99 - got 2 boxes and used the a $1.10/2 coupon.  My daughter made homemade cupcakes and buttercream icing - yum.  My dad brought over a large chocolate chip cookie cake.  We had 1 cent coleslaw from Publix (Wednesday's penny item), blue cheese potato salad from Earthfare - buy $5 get 1/2 gallon of organic milk for free deal.  Now we have plenty of left overs for easy meals for the rest of week.  The gift cards came in time - so, the dog got groomed for a discount - and my husband bought a 3rd remote for the garage.  My daughter gave her grandfather a FIAT hat - she is keeping the car.  We gave him a $50 Barnes & Noble gift card (ordered at a discount) and my husband added a coupon he got from his sports barber shop for a free hair cut.  The weather has been great these past couple of days.

No comments: