Saturday, August 18, 2012

8/18 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Mail call:  received a sample size Tom's of Maine deoderant and a $1 off coupon and a free Good Housekeeping Magazine.  Sadly, I received my last issue of Smart Money yesterday - it will cease publication.  I did get an offer to receive the weekend WSJ or Barrons weekly magazine.  Our retirement accounts have hit a new high - not sure if the "election effect" is kicking in - but it is much nicer than the balance going down.  I also stopped at Dollar General Market - wow - they have 7.XX ounces of Softsoap Bodywash at an everyday price of $1 - use the .50 for a good deal - but I also had the $5/$30 coupon that is only good today and stocked up on several items including dishwasher detergent.  My daughter has convinced me that the brand name stuff seems to work better in our washer.  I may try the homemade stuff eventually to see if does well. 

You know you might be frugal when:  you purchase 2 bottles of Sundown vitamins for tax (combined a Publix coupon and two manufacturer's coupons) and get giddy that it has long piece of "cotton" - great for removing nail polish :)

The my daughter, the dog and I went for a walk - I took a small bag and picked up a dozen or so pecans.  I will need to shell them - but pecans are prety pricy.

My husband edged the yard.  Tomorrow, my daughter and I will finish up the job.

No comments: