Friday, August 31, 2012

8/31 Expressions

Wow, it is the last day of the month.  Anyway, I had a pleasant surprise at the beauty salon - a facial is $20, not $30 - and worth every penny.  It is a one hour facial - and because I had "re-booked" I got a complimentary parrafin wax for my hands.  Also today, my husband accompanied me to Dollar Tree to try out their coupon deals.  We only found a few - $1/4 Libby's veggies - and they were .79 each - so, that was an okay deal.  And the $1/4 Libby's fruit and of course we got a couple of toothpastes for .25 after coupon.  Good buys without coupons - Nature's Own bread and 3 packs of ankle socks.  All in all, I can't complain - but it took forever to check-out.  Then we ate lunch at KFC with coupons - that was our date :)  I also shopped Dollar General Market - and spent $14 - and saved $18 and have my P&G rebate for $5 ready to go.  For the first time ever, we stopped at a no-name close-out store - and I found yoga pants for $2.  I also found some pants I can wear to work for $7.99 - so, I was pleased as punch.  However, it is a hit or miss store for sure - there were bins of stuff to sort through, etc.  But in my case - it was a hit today!  Mail was great - got my $25 Barnes & Noble gift card from my credit card point redemption.  I made home-made pizza and it too was a hit.  One was sweet onions and the rest of the sun dried tomatoes, feta cheese and mozzarella - and the other was bacon, spinach, feta and mozzarella.  So nice to have a long weekend.  I need to make a trip to Aldi and probably Kroger to round out my grocery shopping.

No comments: