Monday, August 13, 2012

8/13 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, we received the condo rent check and combined it with our ebates rebate, my daughter's birthday check, and I scraped $2.16 in chage out of my purse.  That covered the money my husband "borrowed" to pay the new insurance bill in full and her education fund deposit.  This is a 3 paycheck month for my husband - so, I am hoping he can finally get ahead.  Even though we don't have a budget set in stone, our goal is to spend my husband's income or less to fund all household expenses for both residences.  My salary is split approximately into education fund and savings.  Rental income is for investments.  I will say our retirement accounts are starting to grow ever so slowly again and our individual accounts are still lagging from our all time high.  Now that my daughter can drive herself around, I really do have some more "me" time.  I think I will get back crafting, upcycling, recycling and the like.  Since retirement is drawing closer for the both of us, we need really declutter and figure out what we want to do in the next phase of our lives.

No comments: