Friday, March 14, 2008

3/14 Expressions

I took the day off from work. I had a doctor's appt and a function to attend for my daughter. I wanted to get my grocery shopping. I went to Kroger w/an envelope of pre-cut coupons in tow. I had some doozies :) Kroger sent me a $6 off $60 coupon, $1 off $3 in produce, etc. I also printed off several of the $2 off the Honey Nut Chocolate Clusters coupons (boy am I glad I did), cut the $1 off Tyson's Roasted Chicken (I had 5), and my coupons from the Pepsi/Frito Lay offer finally came. According to my receipt, I saved 70% - I saved $77.76 and spent $38.55 of which $5.65 was tax. The best deals - the Honey Nut Cereal was on sale for $1.99 - so tax only, the Tyson small bags of the roasted (no antibiotic) chicken were $2.39 a bag minus $1, I got marked down Romaine lettuce, baby carrots, and more. I also was able to get the Pepsi fairly cheaply for the addict - 3/$10 minus 3 $2 off coupons from the rebate offer and the Frito Lay Fritos/Cheetos were on sale 4/$5 - and I was able to use the $3 off 2 coupon. Pepsi sent me another coupon for $2 off 2 - which I thought I might be able to use - but decided not too - since the offer was technically buy 3 bags of chips and get the forth free. I do have to say I feel grateful that we do have health insurance and a health savers account - so the $15 out for the appointment isn't so bad. And generally, I would say, getting a prescription doesn't usually thrill me - but I got one - so, now I will be looking to see which Pharmacy will be offering the best gift certificate so I can stretch my grocery shopping a bit more.

No comments: