Sunday, March 16, 2008

3/16 Expressions

What a gorgeous day today is. We decided to go to the public walking trail this afternoon and got a good walk in. Then we we hit the new theme mall - mainly to look around and walk some more - but we ended up getting an ice cream at Maggie Moo's - very good ice cream - but a little on the pricey side. Then we hit a museum that we purchased an annual membership to. So, free entertainment. But, the hubby was wanting a new windbreaker - and he loves this museum. So, we took the 50% off one item in the giftshop coupon and he got one for $12.XX. After dropping off the crew, I headed to Publix to round out my groceries. I took a competitor's $5 off $30 coupon, the 1 cent mystery item coupon and of course, my coupon envelopes. I ended up spending $16.63 ($2.26 was tax) and saved $33.60 in coupons and store savings. The cashier was great and impressed. She asked me to teach her to use coupons. My best savings in the store were the Bird Eye steam fresh veggies which were 50% off and then there were $1 off 2 coupons right on the freezer door. So, for under .50 (for corn on the cob) and .39 for beans, etc. - it was a good deal. I also got 2 Bath Buddies soaps for free using the $1 internet printable coupon. And of course the Chex mix was BOGO and I had 2 .50 (Publix doubles) - so they were .16 a bag.

No comments: