Friday, March 21, 2008

3/21 Expressions

We just got a "Red Robins" in town. Tomorrow is my birthday - I went to their web-site and signed up for the birthday club and they sent me an e-mail to redeem for a free gourmet burger. The place was packed - the food was good - but, I thought a bit pricey. After coupon, including tip, it was $40 for the 3 of us. 2 of us drank water and we did order an appetizer. I also signed up for something at Maggie Moo's - another new place with yummy ice cream. They sent me an e-mail for a BOGO ice cream cone. We planned on using it - but were too stuffed - maybe tomorrow. My husband insisted on buying a cake, which I was opposed to. But, we stopped at Kroger, intending to rent a $1 DVD. We had no luck - but, we stopped at the bakery department and they had 3 1/4 sheet cakes on clearance for $7.99 each. Kroger mailed me a $3 off 1/4 sheet cake coupon - so, we have a sugary cake now. My father is treating us to lunch tomorrow - we will have cake for dessert - although that Maggie Moo's surely will be calling. Mail was good as it included a rebate check.

No comments: