Thursday, March 20, 2008

3/20 Expressions

Today's theme for the day - delayed gratification. My daughter and I planted 2 fruit trees, an apple tree and a pear to join a plum tree out in the back yard. In the front yard, I disbursed 4 6 packs of flowers - some went into planters, some went into a brick flower beds built into the front porch, and the left-overs went into another plant bed. I also planted 7 roots of hostas in the plant beds in front of the yard. On one side of the house, I planted 2 Hydrangeas. In the back yard, along with the fruit trees, I planted a small rose bush in one of the flower beds, 5 Calla Lily bulbs, 10 Gladiola bulbs, and a lavender pot joined giant daffodils and wild morning glories that have yet to come up. In a large pot on the deck, I planted, along with the chive that came back-up, thyme, sage, and oregano. We are officially pooped - but when we catch our second wind, we will plant a small vegetable garden with the seeds we got for 10 cents a pack and some that we had from years gone past. I plan to drop some flower seeds in pots on the deck. I can't wait for the fruits of our labor this year and beyond!

No comments: