Saturday, March 29, 2008

3/29 Expressions

The mail-lady brought Dove shampoo samples - always appreciated. We hit the school carnival fund raiser/book sale this morning. Then my daughter and I hit the stores. We did very well at Kohls - we each got a nice shirt and she and the hubby got a nice pack of socks. After gift certificates, I spent $5.06 out of pocket. We also went to Walgreens to spend the Walgreen bucks. We ended up with 2 grape plants to add to our "orchard" and some groceries. We also hit my daugher's favorite clothing store with a gift certificate and Publix with a bunch of coupons. I would say overall today, we save 50% with coupons, gift certificates, and sales. I have also noticed that drug stores are now always busy - and a lot of "good stuff" is usually gone. And the discount stores that used to be easy to get in and out of - always crammed with people too. I also see a lot more people using coupons. Instead of being in the minority (shopping-wise), people around here have caught on. I guess the economic woes have hit even this area - or perhaps the constant bad news has convinced everyone to pinch their pennies?

No comments: