Sunday, March 2, 2008

3/2 Expressions

If you are trying to be a good steward of your finances, but have a family member with a bad habit - i.e., love (addiction?) of/to Pepsi products - what can one do? Fortunately for me, I have a CVS nearby and 12 packs are on sale for $2.99 each. I also have $11 in extra-care bucks - which can be spent on just about anything in the CVS store. I also have a $4 CVS coupon - off a $20 purchase. Limit 6 cases of Pepsi. There are blogs dedicated to deals at CVS. You might want to check them out. In the meantime, here is my plan: buy 4 cases of Pepsi, a Gillette Mach 4 ($7.99 - and I will get $5 in extra care bucks (ecb's) for my next order - and also there is a coupon in today's paper for $4 off Gillette Mach 4) and 2 packs of Wrigley's gum. The register is kind of picky - since I would be a few cents off the $20 without the gum, I thought I would indulge another member of the family's bad habit - mine :) So, now my first order, with tax should be around $3 - and I will get $5 in ecb's back because I will be handing the cashier the $4 off $20 coupon first, then my $11 in ecbs I earned previously, then the $4 off the razor and a coupon for buy 1 pack of gum, get one free (also in today's paper). Then, I will hand the cashier my CVS rewards card again, and buy 2 more cases of Pepsi - and hand over the $5 ecb - so, my total on that order should be just over $1 with tax. The moral of the story, look at flyers and see if there is a way to "pay" that may be more advantageous to your wallet and, just because we are frugal - doesn't meant we don't have fun :).

No comments: