Monday, March 24, 2008

3/24 Expressions

Today, I was thinking about the multiple streams of income we have built and thinking how we could build more? My husband and I work full-time, but we will be eligible to take an early retirement in less than 2 years. Some times, we are lucky enough to earn a bonus or two during the year. We have several rental properties. All are managed through a reputable agency - but we do actively participate :) We purchased a condo that we can use for vacations, but rent it out too - see side bar :). We try to keep our emergency fund in a high interest yielding account (harder and harder to find these days) to earn a bit of extra interest. We have applied for credit cards because of great enticements (like $250 in gift certificates, etc.) and we only use reward cards that we pay in full each month. Usually, I can get several gift cards for rewards per year and we usually give those as gifts. I used to be an avid mystery shopper; now I am very selective because gas prices are high and I value my time. I am a "mail decoy", and receive 10 postage stamps per month to "report" specially marked mail. Sometimes, they pay for special projects - $20 and every December, they send a nice tin of cashew nuts. I mail in as many refunds/rebates that I can. I have started taking things to a consignment store. I used to sell a few things on ebay - but it doesn't seem very fun these days. We do list a few books on half.com and have enjoyed it ease of use. We participate in our communities semi-annual yardsales. I have worked part-time jobs in the past. I worked as a merchandiser on the "side" for a while. I do participate in surveys and point programs (mypoints mainly), rebate programs (ebates mainly) and would like to earn a few bucks blogging :) Caveat: I am not a financial expert and none of my writings should be construed as expert advice. Please take my expressions for the entertainment value that it was intended for :)

No comments: