Friday, April 1, 2011

4/1 Expressions

Happy April Fool's Day :)  Sad news is, I was hoping our vacant rental would be rented today - but, the realtor said she doesn't have an application yet - she said she has been showing it and expects one soon.  For much brighter news - and I hope I don't jinx it, the stock market has a nice jump this morning.  The short sale realtor said we should hear something today - we shall see.  We are seriously considering withdrawing our offer.  We are wondering if the bank is seriously considering our offer - because the last offer we made - the bank countered and we walked.  My husband is diligently working on our taxes - generally, we do not receive a refund, so we really don't have much incentive to do them "early".  Of course it would be nice to just break even and not owe - or even get something back . . . but I am not counting on it.  This week, I am hoping to buy the minium for groceries only - I am talking about spending as little as possible because I would like to prevent food waste and eat up what we have in the fridge, freezer, and the pantry.  There's a $10 off $50 coupon at Lowe's I'd like to use in conjunction with my giftcard - so, I may go ahead and buy my stain for the cabinets today.  Since Staples is in the same complex, I am thinking of using the $10 rewards to buy back-up school supplies for my daughter - mechanical pencils and the like.  I was going to buy a few more garden items from Lowe's - but won't be.  Last night, while surfing the web, I came across and offer to buy $75 worth of Organic veggie seeds (surprise packages) for $4.99.  So, I hope to be adventurous.  This weekend, I mainly have cleaning and organizing in mind - but my daughter got a call from her adoptive grandmother . . . we may plan something with her this weekend.  She is such a sweet lady and great influence on my daughter.

No comments: