Wednesday, April 20, 2011

4/20 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  my husband pays our bills on-line - he misplaced? my Costco Amex bill and paid it 2 days late.  I was charged a $15 late payment fee and .03 in interest.  The fees/interest do not bother me - but I am a bit of a credit score snob and that is what irritated me more than anything.  Of course, if it bothers me that much, I could pay all of the bills myself - but, I did that for most of our marriage - and have too much on my plate to take that on at the moment.  Just wanted to say, customer service at AMEX Costco was very friendly - and because of my payment history - they did give me a courtesy refund of the late payment fee :)  and I don't think it will affect my credit score much, if at all - double yeah!  Today, I have decided to make several salads with food on hand and in the yard :)  I am out of greens - but, my yard has plenty of dandelions - and we don't use chemicals in the back yard.  So, I am going to make a dandelion greens and grapefruit salad (bought several weeks ago and no one is interested in eating it - probably the peeling factor.  In the pantry, I have several cans of different types of beans, so, a bean salad is in order.  And last night, I made potato salad.  Should get us thru the week for lunches and dinner sides.  Oh, and our community bi-annual yardsale was listed for a Sunday - which historically, it has always been on a Saturday???? So, when the office opens in about a 1/2 an hour, I am going to call to see if it is an error.  Hopefully so, because the date listed is out for us.  But, if it is on Saturday, I'd like to put some stuff out cheap - to get rid of it.  It would help greatly in the decluttering process.  I am also trying to get my frugal decorating cap on - and as I find things, look for things I can re-purpose for my daughter's room.  Instead of a total re-design, I am hoping we can change out a few things and be done with it.

No comments: