Sunday, April 24, 2011

More 4/24 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter and I just came back from Lowes - I wanted to do some yard work and take advantage of the gorgeous day.    Easter lillies are on clearance for $1, got 1, Hydrangea - originally $14.98 were $2 - got 2, bulbs were 1/2 priced - got 1 bag, and a sweet nectarine tree with 5 small nectarines for $29.99 - 1 year guarantee.  They all needed water - but are looking pretty good.  Oh, a Gerbera Daisy in a fancy planter was originally $21 - clearanced to $7 because the pot is cracked.  I also got a few more bags of potting soil and pine nuggets for the flower beds.  Oh, I got a gallon of stain also.  I am going to repurpose an antique chair to the kitchen built in desk.  So, I will restain it - and change out the seat cushion (has a rip) - I am going to find fabric from old clothing we have and re-use the piping.  My daughter also needed school notebooks - so, we stopped at Wal-mart and also looked for a few good deals with coupons.  I got 2 Reach Floss for free, 2 individual sized Skinny Cows for .22 each, 2 bags of Terra Chips for .79 each too.  So, right now, I have the plants soaking in water - and need to get outside and start digging.  I have decided to skip the "Y" today and count the digging as my exercise :)

No comments: