Monday, July 11, 2011

7/11 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I got my first bill for the HELOC on the foreclosed house.  I believe they calculate the interest differently - but, I will take it.  I owe $1.XX in interest - but have to pay a minimum of $50.    I plan to pay more than the minimum - and have several more weeks before the payment is due.  I will be marking it into my new little planner.  I don't know if we are approved yet, but I signed up for another credit card - it does have a $99 fee - but, for using it once, I can get free flights or a $500 giftcard.  I sure hope it gets approved - unfortunately it is with Chase - I already have several Chase cards - so, we shall see.  I am going to ask my husband to sign-up also.  2 X $500 (in Lowes or Home Depot) - $198 in fees will go a long ways in the minor repairs we need to make on the foreclosure and we also need to do a few things to our other "permanent" residence before we put it up for sale.  So, here's hoping.   Other than that - I stopped at the dry cleaners and picked-up some clothes - used the ancient coupon from back of the ancient receipt.  And since it was on the way - stopped at McDonald's for the BOGO cold drinks again.  This time I went for the Frappe and my daughter stuck with the smoothie.  I  currently have 12 turkey burger patties in the oven in addition, a spagetti squash, a butternut squash, and a large eggplant.  After they all bake, I am going to cook ahead and make several salads and side dishes for the rest of the week.

No comments: