Sunday, July 17, 2011

7/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We just returned from Big Lots - they are having a 20% off of everything in the store sale.  I brought my coupon - but they said one was not needed.  Our Vacuum was on its last leg - so we got a Eureka for $60.  We also ended up buying a fabric steamer for around the same price.  Since my daughter is into clothes, etc. - figured I might as well get one.  I also ended up buying some international food items that were discounted potato knocci (sp), soba noodles, etc.  We checked expiration dates.  Yesterday's mail - a rebate check and a coupon for a free bottle of Country Bob's sauce came.  Also today, I finally made the butternut squash soup and Italian style spagetti squash noodles.  Those will be side dishes for most of this week.  In addition, I made a batch of natural turkey patties and bakalava with the leftover puff pastry, honey, etc.  I did buy a bag of chopped walnuts from Wal-Mart - and a lb of butter - Great Value brand was almost half the price of brand name.  Added:  the vacuum, which was a re-manufactured one, did not work and we returned it and purchased one at Target.  We have had luck with re-manufactured items before - but this one was lemon.

No comments: