Friday, July 22, 2011

More 7/22 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I got a notice from ebay that my $3.25 in ebay bucks would be expiring shortly.  Not wanting to lose, I surfed around.  I looked at rebate forms and there was one to get $30 back on a $50 purchase of meat/seafood/produce - who doesn't want to save money on groceries - especially on items that rarely have coupons?  I am in one of those states where beer companies cannot require a beer purchase.  It was a Buy it Now of $2.99 plus .99 in shipping.  Kind of steep for shipping - but minus my $3.25 - a great return for the less than $1 spent.  Now, I just wish my Publix $10 giftcard show-up at the same time.  That's my thrill for the day :)  Oh, and on the rental front, I got my first notice from the city that the grass was over 8 inches tall.  It was a warning.  I called the property manager and she said I was about the 5th person to call.  Anyway, she swore she'd get on it.  She said she would give the tenants thru the weekend to cut the grass.  And she would inspect in Monday.  She said all of the other tenants she called have already mowed their lawn.  I am so glad we have a property manager - because I sure would hate to have to deal with this myself - personally :(

No comments: