Saturday, July 30, 2011

7/30 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Yup, it is controversial, but, I was approved for the Thank-you Premier card and hope to comply with the terms and get 5 $100 gift cards.  As stated previously, we do not carry balances, are not in the market to get a mortgage - so, will suffer a few point ding against my credit rating for $500.  We had to change plans for my dad's birthday - it rained - but we are grateful - as the plants really needed it.  So, we cooked everything on the stove - not as tasty and maybe not as frugal - but it was a nice and enjoyable meal.  He enjoyed his gift basket and asked if he could take a couple of helpings of the dessert with him - why certainly since we sure don't need the extra calories.  He took a container of the triffle and another with baklava.  He also took home extras of the meal to have for dinner and lunch tomorrow,  My husband and I are about to get out and trim some more bushes now that the sun has peeped out.  Oh, and I got a skin care kit for my daughter in the mail and my free Woman's Day magazine.

No comments: