Saturday, July 23, 2011

7/23 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Since I am home alone, I turned the temp up 2 degrees to use the air conditioner less.  I finally got around to making the chocolate covered bananas - and tried one (or two).  I hit the "Y" since it is air conditioned and I can watch trash tv on cable.  Then to Wal-mart to check-out the perennials - I found Rudebekia (sp) for 1/2 priced - and bought a 6 packs of impatiens.  None of the seeds I planted in the planter have sprouted - I guess lack of water and this horrible heat wave may be to blame - and a bit of laziness on my part.  Anyway, hope the perennials take root and keep coming back each year to some me some $.  So far, I have not received another ding letter from the HOA patrol.  Hopefully, the pretty flowers will distract them from any weeds.  I have not cooked all day - that saves on utilities - right :)  Tomorrow, I plan to run a few more errands and look for more stuff to take to our "new" house.

No comments: