Tuesday, August 2, 2011

8/2 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I got my $10 Publix giftcard in the mail today.  We have been eating out of the pantry, fridge, freezer and will use that giftcard this weekend to replenish.  My husband is going to book our free flights to Europe for our vacation next year.  This time we are going economy - and taking my daughter's friend.  The same friend she went to Alaska with.  The family shared pink salmon fillet the crew caught while they were in Alaska and had shipped home.  So nice to get wild caught.  My husband and I did a lot work - in the hot weather to spruce up the yard.  My daughter and I finished yesterday evening - pulling a few more weeds, raking, and spreading mulch.  We will be inspected this week.  I have no doubt that we will pass.  Doing the work ourselves was frugal - and the exercise was free :)  I am so glad I made a conservative move earlier this for most of our retirement funds - but this past week or so sure has been spooky for the stock market :(

No comments: