Friday, March 16, 2012

3/16 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, I was turning my rags into riches.  Pictured is my rag rug and the start of my Anthropologie-like bed throw.  All of my yarn came from Listia - purchased with credits and the rags are recycled clothes.  Since Bath Fitters showed up and did a wonderful and quick job - may take a picture tomorrow - we pretty much stayed around the house today.  They left just in time for us to mail off the last of my Listia "sales", make a deposit at the bank, stop at Starbucks :), stop at Aldi - .49 for quarts of fresh strawberries, .39 for 2 lbs of yellow onions, and .99 for a 5 lb bag of red potatoes - oh, and .99 for a small log of honey goat cheese.  Then to the Take 'n Bake for a $4 pizza (groupon) and free cookie dough (courtesy of my blood donation).  I still need to get around to planting and listing stuff.  Another birthday freebie - my favorite local restaurant sent me a $20 Gift Certificate.  My daughter and I are planning to have some "fun" tomorrow - and keep it fairly frugal . . . I need to make a reservation at the Thai restaurant where I still have my Groupon and opentable.com check.  Today in the mail - I got DHC samples (anti-aging), a $10 American Express gift card - from the holiday Amex deal - better late than never and I got my Hyatt credit card and have already used it - hello 2 nights in Paris :)

No comments: