Saturday, March 24, 2012

3/24 Expressions


Frugal deeds for the day:  My daughter captured the above photo of the cherry blossom tree in our front yard.  It is beautiful - but the blossoms fade eventually.  I was hoping for a quiet, productive Saturday.  We got up early and I made cheese omelet and a strawberry smoothie for us . . . and then my daughter and I headed to the local university so she could take a competitive science exam.  Mainly, she and a lot of her classmates took the exam as their science teacher promised them some bonus points.  It would be nice if she or her classmates win.  While waiting for her, I headed to Stein Mart armed with my coupons.  I ended up getting my daughter galoshes - with colorful polka dots - regular retail $40 for $13.XX, a pair of sandals, 2 blouses, a rug for her bathroom, a really neat water bottle, and a very large framed tiger print cork board to hang in her bathroom so she can pin her necklaces, etc. to keep them organized and hopefully untangled and not not stuffed somewhere to be "lost".  Then we had big plans - finish planting the bulbs, seeds, etc . . . but we took a nap instead and it started raining cats and dogs.  So, hopefully, we will get to that tomorrow.  I noticed my lettuce has sprouted :)

No comments: