Saturday, March 31, 2012

3/31 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Pictured above are a couple of figs the new fig tree is producing!  Below, two of my planter box "gardens".  See my plant identification sticks - recycled chopsticks, clear postage tape and recycled envelopes :)  Also wanted to note, the basil seeds I "won" on Lisa are budding out between my two store bought herbs (thyme/rosemary) and the lettuce seeds I "won" are really starting to go to town.  I still have plenty of seeds left and will plant until they are all gone - so, hopefully, I will have my own fresh lettuce for some during the summer/fall?  This morning has already been a flurry of activities.  My husband, daughter and I picked up the car at the dealer - and got a nice cup of "free" coffee/orange juice.  Donuts were already devoured by the time we got there - no problem - because we had bagels from yesterday.  Dropped my daughter off so they can start her "do" at the beauty school - and now I am trying to get a few things done - like check on my Office Max rewards - looks like we need ink again.  Wow - and Steinmart sent me a 50% on red dot savings in the "Home" department - my favorite - so, may have to check that out.  That's where I get bedding, etc. for the condo.  This afternoon, after my do - I plan to stop at Aldi to get a Peace Lily and stop at Publix for a nice box of bakery cookies and we are planning to "welcome" our new neighbors to the neighborhood.  We are a bit behind . . . and my husband is going to give the lawn a much needed cut.  P.S.  If I can beat my husband to the backyard, I may pick some dandelion leaves for some free green - our backyard is organic . . . and I have noticed some restaurants are evening starting to serve the stuff.  My husband did not win the big prize in the Mega Lotto - he bought 10 tickets and won $7 - but he sure was thrilled with a least a miniscule chance of winning :)

No comments: