Saturday, March 17, 2012

3/17 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Happy St. Paddy's Day!  Pictured above, The Bath Fitter's tub.  Pictured below, I purchased 1/4 yards of clearanced fabrice at $1 each - and they will be turned into scarves to brighten up my work clothes - cheap way to add some color.  This is what my daughter and I did today to cap off spring break:  we went to a new restaurant and used my opentable.com gift certificate and spent $3 plus tip extra - and the meal was delicious.  Then we headed to Bath and Body Works - and spent just over $10 each and for buying a $5 room spray, we each got a free tote and strawberry foaming hand soap.  Then I bought a car freshener thingy and my daughter bought some refills and we used our coupons for a free Signature item - we each got bubble bath, retail $12.  Then on to ULTA.  I ended up getting 45 minutes worth of facials for $20 plus tip and my daughter bought $50 worth of make-up and got a free brow wax plus tip.  The to Barnes and Noble to use a BOGO latte coupon with a giftcard and thumb through a magazine.  Then to the car to shop at Forever 21 - my daughter found a few pieces of clothing.  Then to Hancock Fabrics where I got the above yardage, but we also got some patterns on sale for .99 and 1.99 (Mc Calls and Simplicity - I mainly bought craft patterns and my daughter got clothing patterns) and since felt was on sale, I picked some up - spent just over $20 - we had around 12 patterns and according to the receipt - I saved over $200.  Then we headed to another new restaurant for dinner - the Thai place with my groupon and ended up spending $15 plus tip extra - but the meal was fabulous - we split an appetizer and dessert and each got an entree.  Then, on the way home, we stopped at Aldi again and I purchased 10 quarts of fresh strawberries that were .49 each plus tax - and they are all in the freezer ready to be made into smoothies - of which we had one this morning for breakfast and it was yummy.  And now we are home - tired from a fun day :)

No comments: