Sunday, March 18, 2012

3/18 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We were just starting to make progress on our gardening efforts when my daughter spied a snake.  After our initial fright, my daughter called my husband who doesn't want harmless snakes killed.  We called animal control and they sent someone out.  By then, it had gone into hiding.  Anyway, the police officer, a snake fancier said it is probably a non-poisonous snake (main concern).  He said if it comes back, call again and they will be out to get it.  So, since the fig tree and the herbs are planted - we will finish the rest off tomorrow evening.  It is hot and sunny today.  While at Wal-mart to get a few items - we stopped to get some gas.  The man at the next pump over came and asked for a few dollars to fill his car.  I said I would pre-pay for some gas inside - asked for 1 or 2 dollars.  As I was going in - he said I could swipe my credit card at the gas pump (uh, I am sympathic - but not crazy) - I went in and pre-paid for 3 and that was that.  So, hopefully, he really needed it and wasn't try to scam me.  Anyway, on our way home, we stopped at Burger King for some St. Pat's french fries with green ketchup - we asked for a serving each in the drive through - of course I ordered a cone and my daughter ordered a sundae - too bad they only gave us one serving - and no green ketchup.  My daughter enjoyed the fries anyway and I was satisfied with a cone.

No comments: