Sunday, March 4, 2012

3/4 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  This afternoon was spent finishing up the yard (which turned out to be unfrugal - my husband had a mishap with the limb trimmer - ended up breaking his two front teeth - good thing we have $ in the checking account because the dentist required a $200 check for the "emergency fee" - the two crowns are another $750.  Also got some cleaning in, need to do some grocery maintenanct - bake some sweet and white potatoes - roast some red bell peppers and chop and freeze some onions and bell peppers.  The tag pictured is the one from our new fig tree from Lowes.  I also got a light fixture for my daughter's bathroom - so, that should really be it as far as items to update it.  Of course, they will need to be install.  At Lowes, I also got a rose bush, several flower bulbs, rosemary and thyme plants too.  I "won" a brand new bra on Listia - no money out and no shipping costs.  Now I am trying to win craft items so I can just exchange items we no longer want for items we want.  I listed two more items and have several more to go - but only 2 items listed qualify for listing bonuses every 24 hours - so, I will space them apart.  We did pick-up 2 take 'n bake pizzas - spinach topping - and I carmelized some onions and used up the rest of the fresh mushrooms, garlic in olive oil to bulk them up.  We have plenty of leftovers to get us through the week.  I will be making some salad for work lunches.  A co-worker asked if I'd be interested in some frozen strawberries she purchased - but did not like - why sure :)  She also asked if I would like another individual sized blender - I stated another co-worker could probably use one - but I am fine with my one.  So, nice to share - the three of us share coupons also.  Hoping for a less eventual week.

No comments: