Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  At lunch today, I stopped at Dollar Tree and picked-up some more cleaning supplies.  The $1 version of "Mop and Shine" - was just as shiny as the $8.99 version.  So, now, I am going to try the Dollar Tree version of Furniture wax.  I also stopped at Wal-mart and got 2 new pillows and a nice sheet set.  So, hopefully by Friday afternoon, we will be ready for the guest.  As for the stock market - I have decided not to check balances.  There are such sharp swings, most of our retirement funds are in an extremely conservative fund - and hopefully, I won't need the rest for years to come - so, as last time, we should have time to recover.  On the bright side, we have had some awful weather - strong winds and storms.  One of the rental properties is 3 acres and 90% covered in mature trees.  The tenant called and said only one branch fell toward the old shed - but all else is fine.  On the bright spot, knock on wood, the rental income on our beach condo has been the best year ever.  I guess there are a few people out there enjoying themselves :)  With all of the rain - my pitiful garden is looking better - hopefully I will get some kind of produce out of it.  I have not weeded it - and of course - I just threw seeds in - so, I am not even sure what is flowering out there - a nice surprise I hope :)  Tonight, I will shine up the kitchen floor - I guess we should have over night guests more often - I could be a bit more productive.  On the downside - I have not visited the "Y" for exercise - but, I am sure this heavy duty cleaning is making up for some, if not all of it.

No comments: