Friday, August 26, 2011

8/26 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We paid what I scheduled toward the HELOC today.  Barring unexpected expenses - we should have the HELOC paid off next month - as scheduled.  And even though the economy hasn't been the greatest, people are back vacationing because our condo has exceeded net rentals for a year - and August has been pretty busy - so, I should be able to chunk that toward the HELOC.  I purchased another half priced gift certificate for a eatery around here.  My husband finally called AT&T and we are switching back to them for internet and landline service (I know, I am old fashioned - I am the only one in the family with a cell phone that I keep in my purse for emergencies only.  It is a pay-as-you go phone).  So, unless someone catches me at home or work, I am not "available" 24/7.  Our current provider doubled our previous promotional price and AT&T is the former promotional price - so, while we are not really "saving" money - we are keeping it from increasing by switching.  As for making silk pillows out of the designer dress - my daughter decided to try it on - it fits - but she said the length made it rather frumpy.  So, I will be cutting about 4 inches off the length of the dress and will be piecing it together.  My husband has been a busy man today.  He adjusted our garage door opener - it was acting up, he mowed the lawn, and made us lunch.  Not hiring out, now that's pretty frugal :)

No comments: