Friday, August 19, 2011

8/19 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I am finally getting my coupon-groove back :)  Today, I stopped at Wal-mart and used 2 $1 off Earthbound products and got 2 1 lb bags of organic carrots for free.  Then to CVS - I stocked up on paper products on sale and had coupons - and "earned" a $10 gas card to boot.  1/2 of the paper products will go home with my husband - he should be good for a long time - I am talking months - and, I will give him the Shell gas card since he drives more than I do.  Then to Kroger - bought a bunch of protein bars for my husband and daughter with coupon and got a coupon for another one free.  Then to Publix, saved 52% with coupons and I will be mailing in for a $10 Publix gift card to use on future groceries.  Mail was pretty good too - I got a rebate check - and in my e-mail box - a $10 off anything at Kohls and a coupon for a free half pound of shrimp at EarthFare with a $5 purchase.  As far as the stock market - all I can say was ignorance was bliss - I should not have checked ;(  I was going to go to Costco - since when I go by myself - I spend way less - but, I am going tomorrow to gas-up and get a few items that are cheaper there and will let my daughter tag along . . . but will give her a budget.  Oh, in the mail we also got 2 coupons from Victorias Secret for a free pair of panties and $10 off a bra.  May hit the mall tomorrow since I also have a coupon for a free dim sum at PF Changs - and I have their warrior card that gives me 10% off - and I purchased a discounted $25 giftcard burning a hole in my wallet.  Usually Bath and Body Works has some kind of freebie too and I love reading at Barnes and Noble.

No comments: