Wednesday, August 24, 2011

8/23 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I have started decluttering my closet and it sure does feel nice.  My daughter and I are going to drop stuff off at the consignment store this weekend - hopefully, they will take more than Plato's - although the $ will come later.  Next week, my husband and I are taking a few days off before Labor Day - and we plan to finally finish off the cabinet (finish sanding and stain them - oh, and change out the hardware.  I got my credit card statement to get the $500 worth of gift cards - I am about 1/3 there.  My husband's statement has not arrived, but should shortly.  I hope the points show-up and we can order the gift cards.  It would be great to have to help with a few projects around here and at our "new" house.  I've signed up for a few freebies this week - so, hopefully, my mailbox will start to fill-up.  Also, this weekend, the Botanical Garden is have a "Green U" - lots of "DIY" classes - cost of admissions is - 5 recyclable - I think we can handle that and we plan to attend.  I hope I learn lots of frugal ideas too :)

No comments: