Sunday, August 21, 2011

8/21 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We picked up the Plato's money - just $7.20 as they are overstocked :(  But, I will be able to turn that silk dress into a couple of decorator pillows.  We stopped at Dollar Tree and got some more Nature's Own 9 grain 40 cal per slice bread for $1 a loaf - I put them in the freezer and I also got a couple more bottles of mop and shine.  My daughter's backpack's zipper is stuck - still usable - and it is an L.L. Bean - so, we called and will be returning it for a replacement.  So, my daughter will be using the stuck zipper one for a bit until the Jansport one we order from Amazon gets here - It was $27 and had free shipping - strange, they are priced by color - there was a cheaper one - but just under $25 which doesn't qualify for free shipping.  Fortunately, I had $20 in Amazon $ from swagbucks rewards and I I got to pock her $ from Plato's.  Now she has a back-up back-pack - and of course we can use to take on the plane.  We have found that we can take a back-pack as a personal item and 1 carry-on luggage when we travel without checking in luggage.  Nice thing about the trip to France next year on British Airways - we get to check in 2 pieces of luggage at no additional cost :)  We had some nice meals today - fresh basil is wonderful :)

No comments: