Thursday, August 4, 2011

8/4 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  finally we have rain.  Free watering is great!  Today, I am going to go through the house and get some more furniture, household items that should go to the "new" house.  I "won" an nice pair of new shoes for my daughter on shopgoodwill.  Nice brand name, and a whole lot less money.  Still trying to get our "free" flights to Europe booked.  Since we are booking so far in advance, we are waiting for them to release some seats.  I am out of shampoo - but not really.  I have been using my freebie samples - the ones that come in the hard to open packets.  So, I have a pair of scissors in my "freebie" basket.  This weekend, I hope to find a bargain on shampoo.  Wow - this debt ceiling thing has had an effect on the economy.  I am waiting for my HELOC statement to see if my rate went up from 2.7%.  If so, I may want to accelerate the pay-off of the balance - that we used to buy the "new-to-us" house.  Added:  I cashed in my SWAGBUCKS for another $5 Amazon.Com giftcard.

No comments: