Sunday, August 14, 2011

8/14 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  We went to a Major League Baseball game - the first for me, my daughter and her friend.  We bid on a package for 4 tickets and a rental car with a free tank of gas.  We used points for a hotel.  We invited my daughter's friend - and we had a great time.  Other than being tired, we really enjoyed the trip - it was pretty frugal - although I have to say, I am glad we took our water into the game because the stuff inside was expensive.  We did succumb and buy 4 Minute Maid Lemonade sherbet?  - because it was very warm outside - and with tip - it was $20.  The hotel provided a free hot breakfast.   Most importantly, the team we were rooting for won!  Of course that made it even more fun.  We did stop at a mall that had a Borders going out of business sale - it was a big disappointment - which was great on the wallet since I didn't end up buying anything.  There were several books I wanted - but they were only 30% off - Urban Homesteading looked interesting - and a few interesting craft books - Using Scraps of fabric to Upcycle clothes, etc.

No comments: