Thursday, August 11, 2011

8/11 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today I donated blood and was the recipient of nice umbrella (very useful these days), a reusable bag, a few coupons - gave them away, 4 small snacks, and 2 bottled waters.  Of course I got recovery time off from work - which I was planning on getting a lot done.  I came home, ate lunch and was going to take a short nap.  Ended up getting up in the nick of time to make it my dental appointment.  My teeth are now clean, and the dentist gave me a travel sized toothpaste, toothbrush, floss, and a holder (would make a great pencil case).  I also got 3 bleaching syringes for my teeth.  I signed-up for lifetime whitening - so, I get more bleach with each cleaning.  I also noticed that the coffee shop that I got the free $20 giftcard to through livingsocial.com was right next door.  Since I am still a bit tired, I ordered two gourmet sandwiches to go and still have $10 on my giftcard.  Dinner for my daughter and I are done - and no heating up the house.  I do plan to use the oven today - I am baking Baklava, baked brie, and some bratwurst - for meals/gifts/snacks ahead.  I am going to try to get a bit more of cleaning in. 

No comments: