Monday, August 29, 2011

8/29 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  I will work at my day job tomorrow and then have "off" until Tuesday of next week.  My husband and I plan to get those cabinets done.  I found a few paint coupons on coupons.com (went through mypoints) - so, may paint my daughters bathroom.  I also got a post card from Lumber Liquidators - we really need to tear the rest of the carpeting up on the second floor of this house.  The insurance company inspected our "new" house and recommended we get the gutters repaired - and they claim the rebuild price of the house is $149K - ummmm, yeah right.  I swear, everyone is looking for a way to bump up the price without saying it.  I wonder if I could sign something saying that it the house is totaled - they can just pay me the real value and if I can't get it rebuilt for the current value - I'll buy an already built on in that price range.  I found another foreclosed property on the beach I want to look at.  But, I am going to hold off.  We have a small bit to pay-off the HELOC next month for the "house" purchase - and I'd like to build our savings back-up.  We have property tax bills coming due in December - and of course, possibly high education bills in a couple of years.

No comments: