Wednesday, August 31, 2011

8/31 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Today, I was able to let my husband go to Publix and do some grocery shopping.  Mainly, he was interested in the Buy 2, Get 2 12 packs of Pepsi deal - and of course I sent him with 2 Target coupons.  He was pretty excited that he spent just over $40 - but saved $3X.  He is going to drive my daughter to school.  We got Burger King coupons in the mail today, so, he and my daughter are getting a Buy 1, Get one free Croissandwich.  In Financial news, my husbands AMEX Hilton Honor's points credit card number has been stolen - apparently, there was an attempt to charge $200 in Portugal.  My theory is that all of the account information that was compromised several months ago has resulted in this late rash of stolen credit numbers.  One of my co-worker's card information was stolen last week.  I am glad credit card companies have stepped up their fraudulent charge detection abilities - now, I sure wish retailers would step-up their security programs so that the information is not stolen in the first place :(  They are sending my husband a new card.  Sigh, it is the card he uses the most - and hopefully, the new one gets here quickly, as we use Hilton Points to get free hotel nights when we travel.

No comments: