Saturday, August 27, 2011

8/27 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  Last night, I ordered discounted giftcards on the Citibank Credit card so that I can get my bonus.  I ordered giftcards for Lowes, Petsmart, Michaels, and Barnes and Noble.  I know we will be shopping there anyway, so might as well get a discount and earn my bonus - plus, shipping is free :)  This morning, my daughter got her teeth cleaned, not only did the dentist give her a free toothbrush, tooth paste and floss - but he also gave her 2 pages of coupons  - one each from Oral B and Colgate - and the Oral B were $2.50 off.  Coupons must be "cool" now for the dentist to be giving them away :)  I made a fantastic lunch - if I do say so myself because it was frugal and delicious:  I used the free Garden Delight Noodles, free shrimp from Earthfare, the last of the basil and grape tomatoes from the farmers' market last week, some shreaded organic carrots - free with coupon from Wal-mart last week, goat cheese from the farmers' market that I have been getting for no additional money out of my pocket because I "won" it at a silent auction, didn't have panceta - so, used purchased on-sale bacon I had in the freezer - and made garlic toast with leftover bread.  And while we did plan to go to "Green U" - my daughter made another trip to Plato's Closet and sold 3 items and bought 2 and got 4 more stamps on the card.  They also stopped at Costco's - and while I gave them list - they did deviate and added a few more items.  We just got back from the "Y" - and shortly, we will go to dinner with a 1/2 priced gift certificate and watch a movie - we have a discount card and will get to see the movie at the matinee price.  But what I enjoyed most of all, was the lovely nap I had today :)  Oh, I got a rebate check in the mail and several freebie magazines.

No comments: