Monday, August 22, 2011

8/22 Expressions

Frugal deeds for the day:  My husband called and said he got the new garage door opener installed in our "new-to-us" house.  First of all, we got none of the remotes - of course we could have order some - maybe - but, it was an older model, dangerous - didn't have the sensor beam - so, my husband went to Lowes and got a 10% discount and installed it himself.  Such a handy man :)  Mail was pretty good, got a rent check for our two properties in town - and it was larger than I expected.  We had two maintenance requests that we authorized - and it would have eaten up most of the rent.  Of course I could be pre-maturely happy about the rental situation since they may billed late and the bills will come out of next month's rents.  Oh well, more to put toward the HELOC for our new house this month.  I also received my $25 Bed Bath and Beyond gift card from redeeming credit card points.  My daughter received her dress from shopgoodwill.com

No comments: