Wednesday, May 11, 2011

5/11 Expressions

We decided we really needed to cool the house down last night.    It did not cool down until after dark.  So, I called the heating and cooling company recommended by my rental management agency, and they were prompt.  I wonder if the power cutting off and being out 5 days when the tornados ran through here might have had something to do with it.  The result, the upstairs unit was frozen and needed R-2 - and is cooling.  The downstairs unit, the compressor shorted out - and I need a new one.  So, the repair guy left and said the boss would call when he called in the compressor numbers.  Wouldn't you know it, this is the last year for the warranty on the thing - we just made it in the nick of time.  So, I will have an installation charge and of course whatever R-2 they need to put into the thing.  A little bit of look and good fortune helped me to be a little frugal today :)  Fingers crossed that the compressor arrives asap - latest tomorrow a.m.  But, I am hoping it gets installed today.  I got a rent check today - it was from the house with a lot of trees and where one of the trees broke the railing on the deck and the renter said he'd fix it for free - but we asked him to submit a bill - apparently he didn't.  When my daughter gets home, I think we will head out for a 1/2 priced frappuccini from Starbucks and get our free bagel and cream cheese from Brueggars - and if they have a good selection - buy the baker's dozen since today is the discounted price day - I think $6.

No comments: