Friday, May 13, 2011

More 5/13 Expressions

As far as the short sale, the realtor told my husband the appraisal has been ordered - we want a closing date!  The next two weeks, we are going to use the rest of our Hilton points for my husband to stay at a Hampton in, and he is using the $55 in Darden Restaurants and $10 Panara giftcards to cut down on food expenses.  Since our daughter is going to Alaska this summer, we signed up for Traveler's insurance - and the card came with a rebate form for 5% Hotel costs in the past 45 days.  Most have been reimbursed by my husband's new employer - but everyone has limits - and why this short sale is taking so long is beyond me.  So, that rebate will help a bit.  I guess we need to look at the tax forms next year and see if we can deduct any of this hassle.  Tomorrow is yard sale day.  Hope my daughter makes some $.  She and my husband will be working it.  I am going the "Y" and will plant some more flower seeds to help make the weedy part of our backyard a little more attractive in case we put the place up for sale next year.

No comments: